This tequila sunrise recipe is sweet and smooth, requires only three ingredients, and has the gorgeous color gradient of a summer sunrise!.
- 1 1⁄2 oz reposado tequila
- 3 oz Fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 oz grenadine
- Add the tequila and juice into a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a highball glass over fresh ice.
- Carefully pour the grenadine down the inside of the glass to allow the drink to layer, creating a ‘sunrise’.
- Garnish with a dehydrated orange wheel and maraschino cherry (optional).
Michelada con Tequila
If you love Bloody Mary’s, you’re going to love the Tequila Michelada. Served in a chilled glass over ice with a salted rim, it’s perfect for a hot summer day!
- 3 Ounces Tequila
- 4 Ounces Clamato or Bloody Mary Mix
- 1/2 Ounce Worcestershire Sauce
- 3-6 Dashes Hot Sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 2 Bottles Mexican Lagers
- Combine all ingredients except Lagers in a cocktail shaker over ice, shake 40-50 times until ice cold
- Take two frosted beer glasses, rim the edges with salt and fill with ice
- Add half the mix from the cocktail shaker to each glass, top off with an ice-cold Mexican Lager
- Garnish with limes
Margaritas and palomas are classic tequila cocktails, but sometimes you want to mix it up. Enter the Tequila Smash. Juice from blackberries gives the drink a beautiful color, 7UP gives it refreshing bubbles and a hint of sweetness, and the sage leaves add a subtle flavor that elevates this to a very grown-up tequila cocktail.
- 2 oz. gold tequila
- 4 large blackberries with extra for garnish
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 4 sage leaves with extra for garnish
- 1 oz. 7UP
- In a cocktail shaker, combine blackberries and sage, and muddle
- Add tequila, lime juice, and cubed ice, and shake vigorously
- Strain over ice
- Add 1 oz. of 7UP and stir
- Garnish with a blackberry and sprig of sage